Our goal at Courtney’s Crusade is to begin the process of educating and empowering the Houston community at-large in the crusade to stop sudden cardiac death. Together with your help, we will raise awareness of this critical life-threatening condition.
What is Our Mission?
Our mission at Courtney’s Crusade is to equip schools and other public buildings with AEDs.
Where the donations have been made?
- March 2010 – 3 AED’s to Sire (Houston’s Therapeutic Equestrian Center)
- 2009 – 20 AED’s to Reliant Park
- October 2006 – 20 AED’s to City of Houston’s Public Access Defibrillation Program.
- 2004 – 3rd annual: 8 AED’s – all donated to Katy ISD
- 2003 – 2nd annual: 8 AED’s – 6 donated to Spring Branch ISD; 1 to Schwartz, Page & Harding Law Firm
- 2002 – 1st annual: 4 AED’s donated to Sheldon ISD
Courtney’s Crusade made a $300 contribution towards AED training manuals for troops going to Iraq.
Kindel (Courtney’s identical twin) was honored by receiving the first RYCA Woman of Courage Award in 2003. This award will be given annually to a woman living with heart disease and working to promote awareness.
Kindel (Courtney’s identical twin) was named Houston area spokesperson for the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women Day in 2004.
Who is receiving next?
- Galveston ISD